|Q U E S T I O N
How do you delete data from the system?
A N S W E R
The order in which objects must be deleted is as follows:
1. Associated objects such as biosets, clusters, and so forth
If you try to delete and item and there are any downstream objects you
receive a message stating the following: "Unable to delete record - child
To delete items
1. To delete biosets/clusters, navigate to BioSets or Clusters, search for
the items you want to delete, and then select Delete.
2. To delete experiments, do one of the following:
--If the experiment you want to delete has only one profile, then delete the
experiment by navigating to Experiments, searching for the experiment, and
then selecting Delete.
--If the experiment you want to delete has more than one profile and you
don't want to delete all of the profiles in the experiment, then you must
recombine the experiment excluding the profile(s) you don't want to delete.
Do this by accessing one of the hybs from the experiment in the Hyb Manager,
navigating to the Hybs to Combine column, and then including only the
profiles you want in the experiment. Only after recombining the experiment
can you search for it and delete it.
3. To delete profiles, still in the Hyb Manager, navigate to the Profile QC
column on the bottom half of the screen. Select the profile and then select
4. To delete hybs, go to the top half of the Hyb Manager screen, select the
hyb, and then select Delete.
5. To delete chips, navigate to Annotation and select Chips. Search for,
select, and open the chips you want to delete. Select them and then select
6. To delete patterns, navigate to Annotation and select Pattern. Search
for, select, and open the patterns you want to delete. Select them and then
Keep in mind that you are only able to delete data if you have a certain
role assigned to you in the system. Additionally, you can only delete data
that you are the owner of.